Smart Theme includes search functionality. To enable it, follow these steps:
- Go to your Ghost admin dashboard (https://yoursite.com/ghost)
- In the sidebar, go to
- Click `Add Custom Integration` and call it "search" (the name's not important). Save the integration
- Copy your
- Click the cogwheel ⚙️ to go to settings
- Go to
- Add the following code to your
Site Header(case sensitive)
<script> const SEARCH_API = 'THE CONTENT API KEY YOU COPIED EARLIER';</script>
8. Save the code and refresh your site. A search icon 🔎 will now appear!
Things to know
- Post and page titles, tags, and text are included in the material to be searched.
- The search is simple, which means that a search for "ghost" will only return materials that have the word "ghost" in them. In other words, the search is not fuzzy.
- To improve performance and reduce network requests, materials are cached.
P.S. Search is active on this site. Click the search icon to try it out!